What does a physiotherapists treat?July 29, 2020
Physiotherapists are physicians who are trained in the use of natural and artificial physical factors for therapy, prevention and medical rehabilitation. The main duty of these specialists is to restore the motor and functional performance of a person. To improve these abilities, physiotherapists generally resort to several methods, such as:
- physical exercises;
- the action of cold and heat;
- ultraviolet radiation, etc.
Diseases for which you can see a physiotherapists
Today physiotherapy practice provides therapy and prevention of a large number of pathologies and diseases:
- angina, bronchitis, runny nose, colds, sinusitis;
- inflammatory processes in the joints;
- problems with potency;
- tonsillitis (chronic form);
- rheumatism of the feet or hands;
acne on the skin, fungal infection;
- obesity, overweight;
- weakening of immunity;
- varicose veins;
- hepatic or renal colic;
- pressure problems;
The list of diseases that a physiotherapist can eliminate is quite extensive. In general, this specialist treats almost all organs and systems of the body. It is able to restore the functionality of the eyes, kidneys, joints, skin, heart, head, etc. In addition, an important task of a physiotherapists is to prevent diseases – to prevent their occurrence and progression.
A regular visit to a physiotherapist once every few months will not only get rid of existing diseases, but also prevent possible risks, and ensure safety for your body. For patients with chronic diseases, it is recommended to have a doctor’s examination at least once a month.
At the reception, a physiotherapists conducts a consultation, collects anamnesis, identifies indications and contraindications for the implementation of procedures. In addition, the specialist fully examines the patient: measures pressure, pulse rate, listens to heart sounds, determines auscultation of the lungs, etc. (depending on the nature of the problem).
At the first appointment, the doctor draws up an individual therapy and recovery program. The specialist must answer all the questions of interest to the patient, explain the essence of the chosen treatment method.
Types of physiotherapy
Today there are many types of physiotherapy treatments. Among them:
- hardware-manual massage (movable electrodes are used that the doctor attaches to the fingers or palms; massage is performed on any part of the body, and to rejuvenate the skin on the face, the specialist uses microcurrent gloves); desincrustation (a procedure in which the vessels expand and the skin is cleansed; performed using special electrodes);
- needle lipolysis (a method to reduce the number of fat cells);
- isometry (a procedure in which muscle is built up);
- cavitation (several procedures, as a result of which cavities are formed in the intercellular fluid, which leads to a reduction in fat mass);
- laser therapy and ultrasound;
- microcurrents (creation of microstimulation at different levels using a current with low intensity);
- electrophoresis (administration of drugs under the influence of current charges with low strength).
A wide range of procedures allows you to eliminate many problems in the body. But determining the method of treatment is the task of the physiotherapist, who must carefully examine the patient and make the correct diagnosis.