7 Tips For a Bathroom RenovationOctober 16, 2020
The bathroom is one of the rooms in our home dedicated to very specific functions, not just using the mobile or tablet as many of you think. It is used daily by all the inhabitants of the house so it tends to deteriorate over time if we do not carry out the proper maintenance and needs a bathroom renovation.
In addition, fashions pass and your image and appearance can get tired or the needs of users can change into the bathroom renovation. For all this, it is common to have to face the reform and updating of the bathroom. By following these recommendations, you don’t have to be afraid of bathroom renovation. It is a room known as humid, in which water and humidity flow. But this must meet special conditions that keep humidity controlled and does not damage the rest of the elements of the house.
1. The porous finishes are not recommended for wet rooms, accumulate dirt and moisture, and are not hygienic. In the bathroom renovation, it is essential to ensure that it is adequately ventilated so that water vapor condensation does not occur. The ventilation takes place through a window or a grill that leads to a ventilation duct. It is very important to respect the grids and not interpose obstacles to bypass them.
2. The complexity and cost of renovating the bathroom renovation will depend on its size. Keep in mind that it is a space with many facilities. Modifying the distribution of sanitary equipment entails modifying the water intakes and drains. It is not usually an excessive difficulty, but it makes the intervention more expensive. In either case, have a technician inspect your current facilities to see if they are in good condition or upgrade is recommended.
3. The layout of your current bathroom may not suit your current needs and you want to modify it. In this case, to bathroom renovation, it is essential to draw a sketch of the space with the measurements of the room. In the manufacturer’s catalog, you will find the dimension of the toilets. Apart from their size, keep in mind that it is necessary to leave a space between them so that you can move comfortably.
This is especially important for the elderly or people with reduced mobility. On the internet, you can find standard distributions and the necessary measures so that the bathroom works comfortably.
4. If the distribution does not vary and it is not necessary to update the facilities, replacing a toilet does not have any complications. Changing a toilet or bidet for another current is a simple task. They are suspended on the wall that does not touch the ground and compliment the cleanliness of the pavement. When bathroom renovation you can take advantage of choosing more efficient current appliances that help save water. In particular, efficient faucets can help you save as much water as the energy used to heat it.
5. A very common intervention is to replace a bathtub with a shower tray. It is a simple work that does not take more than one day to two. With it, access to the shower area is made more comfortable and simple, which is very important for older people.
There are many solutions on the market today for bathroom renovation. You can install a decorative custom-made shower with a spectacular result. A more economical solution is pre-made plates. They are available in countless models of different materials and finishes. In both cases, there is only a minimal step between the flooring and the shower. Complete the reform with a screen that prevents splashes.
6. If the distribution of sanitary equipment varies, it will be necessary to install new water pipes and drainage systems. In most cases, this means that it is necessary to chip and remove the wall covering and possibly the flooring. This intervention can help you improve old installations and prevent possible leaks.
Don’t forget to design good lighting that allows you to dress up comfortably. The electrician will indicate the safety limitations in the distribution of sockets and light points.
7. If you want to bathroom renovation you can update the wall and floor coverings. You have a multitude of possibilities at all prices. Make sure to choose a special coating for wet areas. The most economical solution is to apply a special paint primer for ceramic tile supports. It is easy to apply and offers a new look.
If the walls are in good condition, it is also possible to superimpose a new tile on the existing one. This way you avoid having to demolish the existing coating and the corresponding debris and dirt.
For the pavement, you can apply a micro cement or a special synthetic resin for wet rooms. In both cases, you avoid having to demolish the pavement and there are all kinds of decorative finishes.
What do you think of the tips for bathroom renovation successfully? Comfort, aesthetics, and savings must go hand in hand when renovating the bathroom. Find a balance between your personal needs and tastes. With this formula, you are sure to get it right!