The Physiotherapist and his functionsFebruary 3, 2021
What is Physiotherapy?
Today we talk about the Physiotherapist in Newcastle. The physiotherapy is a branch of health aimed at alleviating the symptoms caused by chronic conditions both as transitory. For this, it does not use drugs but uses other types of treatments focused on improving the patient’s discomfort.
The person in charge of applying these treatments is called a physiotherapist and is responsible for preventing, curing and alleviating postural and musculoskeletal problems in patients.
What does Physiotherapy do?
In general, it can be said that physiotherapy focuses on seeking the correct development of the different functions of the body. If these functions are not performed correctly, the locomotor system is affected, so the movement of the body suffers.
The physiotherapy uses scientifically proven techniques that provide a substantial improvement in the condition being treated. Another of the main objectives of this branch of health is prevention, working the body to avoid injury.
Finding a physiotherapy clinic in Newcastle is the best way to find trained and experienced professionals to help us solve all the problems that may arise.
What does a Physiotherapist in Newcastle do?
The first step that every physiotherapist takes when a patient comes to their consultation is a proper assessment of the patient and his ailment. Using the techniques of his field, this professional issues a diagnosis of the patient’s disease.
This diagnosis is used to determine the most appropriate way to use to improve the patient’s discomfort, helping him to gain quality of life. In the physiotherapy clinic in Newcastle, you can find professional and experienced physiotherapists, personalized initial evaluations are carried out and adapted to each case in order to establish the most appropriate therapeutic plan that will provide the best and fastest results.
What are the tools of the Physiotherapist?
The main tool used by the physiotherapist is the hand, which is known as manual therapy. That is, using massages, stretching and physical exercises. These tools manage to correct the patient’s posture, relax muscles, improve musculoskeletal ailments, unblock the airways, rebalance the ventilatory parameters, etc. This type of treatment is known by the name of kinesiotherapy or also called movement therapy.
Another treatment used by this branch of health is known by the name of functional bandage, kinesio-taping or neuromuscular bandage. It consists of the use of elastic tape. By applying these tapes on the skin with different tensions, improvements can be achieved in certain muscular ailments.
In addition to the use of specific massages, exercises or bandages, physiotherapy uses other types of techniques aimed at achieving the same objective. There are treatments that use electric currents, ultrasounds, combinations of cold and heat, etc. Benefiting from the new techniques applied in physiotherapy is the most successful option to achieve rapid improvement.
Functions of PHYSIOTHERAPISTS:
- Carry out the treatments and rehabilitation techniques that are prescribed.
- Participate, when requested, in the multidisciplinary team of the Center to carry out tests or assessments related to their professional specialty.
- Monitor and evaluate the application of the treatment you carry out.
- Know, evaluate and inform and change, where appropriate, the application of the treatment of your specialty when they occur, through the use of external resources.
- Know the resources of their specialty in the territorial area.
- Participate in meetings and work sessions that are convened at the Center.
- Collaborate in the matters of its competence in the training and information programs carried out for the families of those affected and institutions.
- Advise professionals who need it on mobilization guidelines and treatments in which physiotherapeutic techniques have an impact.
- Attend the sessions held in the Centers for the review, monitoring and evaluation of treatments.
- In general, all those activities not specified above that are requested and that are related to the above.
Where can I find a Physiotherapist in Newcastle? For this, it is essential to have the experience and professionalism of physiotherapists capable of applying them. Contacting a physiotherapist, for diagnosis and treatment of injuries is to take a step towards a cure in the best conditions.
You may also read: What does a physiotherapists treat?